The Office of School Counseling Services plays a vital role in assisting our students with academic, career and personal/social development. Our work has a common focus, helping our students achieve and plan for a bright and fulfilling future. Our daily work leads and guides 256 school counselors and staff across the district. If our office can assist you in anyway, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Who is a professional school counselor?
- MNPS School Counselors are highly trained, holding a masters degree in school counseling or a related field. MNPS School Counselors have completed rigorous internships in which they have worked with students, parents and school faculties.
What does school counseling work look like?
- School Counselors work with students in individual, group and classroom settings.
- School Counselors often address a variety of student issues, including but not limited to:
- Academic Achievement
- Career Preparation and Planning
- Character Education
- Post-Secondary Enrollment
- Personal Counseling
- Consultation services with parents and school staff
- Crisis Response